Sunday, December 23, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Some people have a very calm Christmas.  Our family does not fall into that category.  This year we have no less than five (yes, FIVE) homes to stop at on Christmas Day.  We'll be getting up and having Christmas morning with my immediate family at my parents' house.  After opening presents and enjoying breakfast with them, we move on to my husband's mom's house for our second Christmas morning of the day.  From there we head to my aunt's house to celebrate with my extended family.  After a few hours visiting there, we will be moving onto my father-in-law's house.  Then we'll be ending the evening at my husband's grandmother's house to see his extended family before heading back to my parents' place to crash after the long day.
 
 
This may sound like an insane plan (especially once you take into account the fact that we'll be taking a nine and a half month old and two dogs along for the ride, and oh yes, I'm twenty-one weeks pregnant), but I actually enjoy this whirlwind of a Christmas.  The day never loses it's excitement and every place we go to holds more times to be enjoyed and more memories to be made.
 
Whether your Christmas day looks anything like ours or is completely the opposite, I encourage you to take time and enjoy the day.  Don't get so caught up in what needs to be done or what is coming next that you lose where you are in the moment.  Every once in awhile take a deep breath, look around you, and remind yourself that it's Christmas day.  And Christmas is a very wonderful, joyful, meaningful day.  Remember to treat it as such.

Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heavenly Lord;
That hath made heaven and earth of naught,
and with His blood mankind hath bought.
 
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel.
Born is the King of Israel
 
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment